• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Already frustrated

So....

I had to clean my closet, and the place where I live did not offer me any help because they believe I could do it by myself. That isn't the point.Of course I can. I am not a baby. Needles to say I am still exhausted even after an hour nap. Like many here, I've taken my health on myself as so far Western medicine has failed to find out why sometimes I am so fatigued I am crying and everything thus far has come back as normal.

A key part of pacing is you can ask someone for help if you're struggling because of fatigue. I am angry that I wasn't allowed to even ask for help.

In all the stuff I've read on pacing you're encouraged to ask for help. They've gotten on me about my room before when my fatigue was so damn bad I couldn't move.

Look, I get doing a bit everyday. But sometimes...even that feels like climbing Everest when you have fatigue.

That said though, I think they're starting to understand more now and stopped giving me two to three classes in a row which left me all the shit like cleaning for after.