• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Airplane travel

Cindi

Hi all

I have not travelled with airplane for many years. Now i will have about 1.5 hour trip. Is there anything i should be careful of?Thanks

LaurelW

Get somebody to wheel you to and from the plane. If you don't have a wheelchair, the airport can provide one if you arrange it ahead of time. Airports are usually really long walks.

Cindi

Thanks. I forgot to ask for that but i got a business class ticket hoping that i will be able to have more rest there.. I think they will provide a bus for transfers.Hope that will help. best wishes.

Valentijn

Yeah, walking around the airports and standing in lines is hell. The actual ride isn't as bad. If your OI isn't under control, I really strongly suggest a wheelchair unless you know the lines are short at the airport.

Cindi

Thanks so much Laurel and Valentin. I arranged wheel chair upon your advise. best wishes.