• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Affordable CFS Docs near Yuma Arizona or the Bay Area?

Davsey27

Hello all

I was curious i am in Arizona and was wondering if anyone near southern arizona or the Bay Area where my parents live can give one a diagnosis at an affordable rate.I spend most of my time in campgrounds to get away from large cities.My primary is in Atlanta and i took a roadtrip to Arizona

Thank You
David

Zebra

Hi, @Davesy27,

Do you have health insurance?

If so, the Standard CFS Clinic in Palo Alto, CA accepts insurance and your initial blood testing will be billed to Stanford labs, which also a accepts insurance, including Medicare.

Stanford is good at giving the CFS diagnosis. The actual treatment plan, however, is a cookie cutter approach.

Palo Alto, CA butts up against lovely forrests as well as rolling hillsides where you could camp if that would be better for your health.

Best wishes,
Z

Davsey27

Hi, @Davesy27,

Do you have health insurance?

If so, the Standard CFS Clinic in Palo Alto, CA accepts insurance and your initial blood testing will be billed to Stanford labs, which also a accepts insurance, including Medicare.

Stanford is good at giving the CFS diagnosis. The actual treatment plan, however, is a cookie cutter approach.

Palo Alto, CA butts up against lovely forrests as well as rolling hillsides where you could camp if that would be better for your health.

Best wishes,
Z

Hello Zebra I currently do not have any insurance though I can apply for it through the obamacare.They require you to estimate around 13000 a year to qualify and in the past I have mentioned i plan to return to my old job to get coverage this wouldn't look good reapplying for social security which has been denied in atlanta.People in the mitochondriac community have suggested moving to yucatan mexico to reverse the condition.

Thank mrs zebra
I do appreciate it

Zebra

Hey, @Davesy27!

I'm still online, so I saw your response!

I thought I'd let you know that Stanford Healthcare has a Financial Assistance Department that is quite generous to the uninsured, or the underinsured.

A quick Google search should reveal the telephone number, and you can request an application and/or ask to speak with a Financial Assistance Counselor.

They require brief 2 page application, plus any supporting documentation. When I applied I also included a cover letter to state my case. It might be worth a try!

Additionally, I know that most, if not all, CFS doctors in the Bay Area actually DON'T accept insurance of any kind, and the charge for that first visit can be as high as $1000 out of pocket!

I have strong opinions about that, which I will keep to myself. ;-)

I hope others here may be able to suggest the perfect, affordable CFS doctor for you!

If not, maybe take a shot at Stanford's Financial Assistance Program?

My very best regards,
Z