• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adeneomyeloneuropathy

Boba

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 11.28.18.png
    Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 11.28.18.png
    305.3 KB · Views: 27

lenora

HI @Boba.....from what I just read, it seems that research has been done on men. In order to get a clearer answer as to whether this has affected your spinal cord or brain, you need an MRI. I see that a Genetic Counselor is often indicated, so perhaps this is something you should think about.

I don't know anything about your case & symptoms, specifically, but it would appear that you join those of us who have other primary conditions and ME is a result of them. I fall into that category. In my case I began with a pituitary tumor and then problems with the spinal cord and then the brain. I'm now back in the ME league b/c of those other problems....were they the original cause, probably not, a virus was somehow involved, but at what time who knows? I wish you well as your questions are answered. Yours, Lenora.

Boba

HI @Boba.....from what I just read, it seems that research has been done on men. In order to get a clearer answer as to whether this has affected your spinal cord or brain, you need an MRI. I see that a Genetic Counselor is often indicated, so perhaps this is something you should think about.

I don't know anything about your case & symptoms, specifically, but it would appear that you join those of us who have other primary conditions and ME is a result of them. I fall into that category. In my case I began with a pituitary tumor and then problems with the spinal cord and then the brain. I'm now back in the ME league b/c of those other problems....were they the original cause, probably not, a virus was somehow involved, but at what time who knows? I wish you well as your questions are answered. Yours, Lenora.

Thank you so much for your answer. I will have genetic counseling in a week. I‘m really curious about what the doc is gonna say. It seems like I had a couple of underlying conditions which were always put in the psychological frame. I hope I can find my way out of this situation somehow.

Again, I really appreciate you for taking the time to answer.

Last edited: