• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Action For ME appoints new medical advisors

shahida

I've just seen this from AFME
In October 2015, we appointed Prof Julia Newton and Dr Gregor Purdie to the shared role of our Medical Adviser.

They took over from Dr Alastair Miller, who had been Action for M.E.’s Medical Adviser since 2010.

I thought this is interesting because Dr A. Miller has hithertoo been the advisor-wondered if this has been precipitated by the Pace trial of which Miller has been involved? would've made it difficult for him to continue given the PACE controversies. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Countrygirl

https://dghealth.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/whats-meant-for-us-wont-go-by-us-by-gregor-purdie/

I have consulted Dr Google to ascertain whether we should be:balloons: or :( over the appointment of Dr Purdie. There is little online information, but he apparently is interested in 'Chronic Fatigue'. :bang-head: According to the little I have found, he believes that the experience of Post Viral Fatigue is similar or the same as ME. Having suffered from both PVF and ME, I know only too well that there is no or very little comparison between the two conditions. In the first, the overwhelming problem is excessive tiredness plus a few other oddities. In no way does it compare to the overwhelming deathly disease that is ME.

I am not celebrating this appointment yet.