• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Acetylcholine intolerance

Hello,
I think I have a problem with cholinesterase. I can't tolerate any choline foods or nightshades.
Since I used Jarrow B-right and Panthetine my palms feel numb and like electricity is flowing through the nerves. Lower legs are trembling and tense. Heavy fatigue. Brain fog. Wehn it gets really bad - after some foods or after smoking - it feels like my brain is getting fried. It is like electricity is charging through my eyes. Even when I close my eyes I see flickering lights. My whole body starts shaking and vibrating.

I read that Nightshades and smoking are cholinesterase inhibitors. I am also dehydrated and need to eat some vegies with potassium. Can't give up smoking either as I am so brain fogged and depressed even now..

What can I do to get out of this?

I am only taking magnesium malate and that seems to help a bit. Probably it is calming down the thyroid a bit.

skwag

Hi @st134,

I see in your previous posts you talked about insulin spikes. I'm curious how you know this is going on. Have you had your insulin measured during an oral glucose tolerance test? If so what kind of results did you get.

Hi @skwag ,

I had insulin spikes bringing my blood glucose low. I had to eat low carb for quite a time to get better at that. Since starting Magnesium it got even better. I don't get the terrible glycemia crushes. I am pretty sure it was due to NMDA excitation. I measured bottom range magnesium. Potassium and Sodium are low too.
I think B complex (B-right) restarted methylation and dehydrated me. It might have depleted Zinc and Magnesium even more. Brain fog and fatigue is much worse.
I am not sure if this trembling and vibration of my body is due to choline issues, overactive thyroid, peroxynitrite toxicity or just depleted magnesium and other electrolytes.
I found the attached scheme that has some connections.
Poor thing is I can tolerate very little protein, almost no Vit C (guess it depletes D even more in the NE direction, because of oxidative stress), no Optizinc (same effect as Vit C). I am eating bread, butter, some diary, rice, and some veggies. Can't see how I can get better that way and how to get Zinc, active B6 (25mg pyridoxine made me a zombie last time I tried it) and B12 (measured 370 a month ago).

I had glucose tolerance test in the spring. It showed glucose starting low and going lower and lower. I was starved than. Last fasting glucose measurement two weeks ago showed normal level.

Attachments

• F1.large.jpg
    F1.large.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 13

skwag

Sounds like you may have reactive hypoglycemia (RH). Did you get glucose measurements at 30 minutes and 1 hour during your tolerance test? With RH, you would expect to see a spike during that time frame.

If you do have RH, the blood sugar swings can cause a lot of trouble. Many people find they can control the spikes and hypos by restricting carbs, like you have done in the past. I'm not aware of anyone curing themselves of RH, so I am wondering if the bread and rice in your current diet is still causing problems.

RH is not as bad recent days. Maybe Magnesium and bananas doing some good things or just make me not feel it as bad.
Putting it all together it looks like very low dopamine issue. D is protecting from NMDA excitation and I feel much better with things like sex or alcohol (which makes my liver feel heavy and brings kidney pain). I tremble and shake much less and I am calmer and nicer guy and I can walk better. But even than meat or eggs can fry my brain.
I guess glycemia, ammonia, dehydration, stress and lack of sleep lowered D way too much (indicated by Prolactin being like 20% above upper limit).
I am not sure what to supplement to be able to eat meat for better glucose control and to get the nutrients I need from it. I guess I am low on Zinc, active B6 and B12 and I don't metabolize protein well. I tried 1 gram Glycine a week ago for better sleep with same effect - it fried my brain.

Since yesterday, I have those 1-2 second moments that feel like I am falling. I lost balance a few times and had to grab something not to fall down. Dehydration maybe? Even while sitting I feel like I am lingering to the side from time to time.

I do feel hopeless quite often lately. I don't have the slightest idea how can I get a bit better.