• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A pattern?

Boba

So, I‘ve got results from a first bout of tests:

- free radicals raised
- NK cells low (doc said that this is normal after an infection)
- Low Vitamin D (I did take supplements regularly)
- Low E.Coli & Bifido B.
- low Mangan
- Candida in my gut
- had ebv in the past (low igg)
- higher antibodies for COVID than 5months ago (this is preliminary as I need to compare the results when I get the papers, forgot to ask which test they used)

I’m afraid some of the points are a clear pattern of CFS ( radicals, NK, gut)

We’re going for a full immunological panel and further antibodies (celltrend and all herpes viruses) To get more awareness of what’s going on. My doc is great he knows about CFS and research.

I hope I can improve by treating the candida and supplementing the missing stuff. He ordered me to take mistletoe injections for the NK cells. Does anyone have experience with this?

I desperately hope to get better. I asked him about autoimmunity and CFS, he doesn’t think that it‘s autoimmune (immunologist), however he confirms that we just don’t know enough yet. He believes in reactivating viruses and treats Lyme patients as well. This is a good sign to me.

godlovesatrier

Hey Boba,

Good test results to some extent. Some things you can definitely work on here.

What was the actual vitamin D number?

How many months has it been since you recovered from the infection?

Low manganese?

Bizarre the anti bodies have gone up. Have you had a vaccine yet? I have a theory if you get both vaccines maybe this number would go down. If you've already had them maybe that's why they are still high? Or you've got an ongoing smouldering infection as yet improving with covid19.

Also as for the low minerals while that could be due to many things. Oral supplements tend to have a bioavailability of about 20%. Subluquingal capsules usually I think it's more like 50 to 70% and I would say transdermal sources tend to be around 70%. This is based on my own experi nices but I've definitely seen 20% mentioned for oral supps.

It's also possible your body is using them up too fast or it's not getting enough from supps or there's a metabolic issue preventing your body from being able to use them.

Were you always healthy before covid? No issues with energy production no pvfs etc?

mistletoe injections. Never heard of those. Not sure if anyone else has.

I think the only thing I found that worked on bacterial infections was Lauricidin. I took this for 2 weeks awhile ago after titrating up to full dose from 3 pellets a day originally until my energy returned and then I switched to biokult and solarray 24 strain caps. I had a big boost in energy and felt a lot better. Did nothing for my PEM of course. But even small boosts can be great.

Your doc sounds great. Landed on your feet with him! I've had 5 over the last 2 years and only 2 have been any good.

Which country are you in again?

Lots you can work on here. You might get some small gains if you can fix some of these.

Boba

Hey!

I was healthy until 1 year before. Experienced some weird symptoms and got diagnosed with Hashimoto‘s, it runs in my family.

It‘s been 7 months, so there shouldn’t be any virus left. The antibodies I had before was 53 now (pre vaccine) it was 225, but I still have to compare the testing method, whether we are talking about apples and apples.

Manganese low yes.
Vitamin D was 23, even with regular supplementation. I had a vitamin d Test 3 months before which was around 50. I was inside a lot , so this can be cause.

I ‘m getting nystatin for the candida. I was never into drugs or sips and now I‘m flooding myself…

I‘m in Germany. I dunno man. Being sick after living a very active life is making me crazy actually.

godlovesatrier

Haha apples and apples. Yes quite right. Let us know what you find out.

Wow yeah that's low. Mine is usually 90. Ok so look at sublingual and transdermal options. Don't forget you sometimes have sub qutenous routes as well. Check this out https://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/Vit...otects_against_cancer,_heart_and_bone_disease

Don't forget high levels of vitamin D will tank magnesium. While you obviously aren't facing this issue magnesium is important too. https://www.drmyhill.co.uk/wiki/magnesium_-_treating_a_deficiency

Lauricidin and probiotics stopped my tummy troubles. I was waking up in the night with abdominal pain after eating seemingly normal food types (non diary non gluten) and I would get these infections I could not get rid of. That's all gone now.

Good your doc has recommended somethint for the candida? Sounds promising :)

Also maybe he can do a bacteria and parasite test from a stool sample? Checking for things like gondii if he hasn't already and h pylori. My friend with FM said that in her mid twenties she had got a h pylori infection - like me she seems susceptible to bacterial infections and she had to get treatment for that. It's never come back. Just thinking all these bacterial infections could be blocking your bodies ability to metabolise vitamin D or manganese or use them up completely.

As for covid it would be really something if they found covid still alive in people after all this money gets spent studying it. But if you've had one vaccine then maybe your getting a slightly odd result on the antibody test.

There's a herbal dewormer parasite cleanse you can make up and take yourself at home for 3 months to clear out any nasties. Should work on candida too. I found it again last night: https://realfoodrebel.com/brendas-herbal-dewormer/

Martin aka paused||M.E.

So, I‘ve got results from a first bout of tests:

- free radicals raised
- NK cells low (doc said that this is normal after an infection)
- Low Vitamin D (I did take supplements regularly)
- Low E.Coli & Bifido B.
- low Mangan
- Candida in my gut
- had ebv in the past (low igg)
- higher antibodies for COVID than 5months ago (this is preliminary as I need to compare the results when I get the papers, forgot to ask which test they used)

I’m afraid some of the points are a clear pattern of CFS ( radicals, NK, gut)

We’re going for a full immunological panel and further antibodies (celltrend and all herpes viruses) To get more awareness of what’s going on. My doc is great he knows about CFS and research.

I hope I can improve by treating the candida and supplementing the missing stuff. He ordered me to take mistletoe injections for the NK cells. Does anyone have experience with this?

I desperately hope to get better. I asked him about autoimmunity and CFS, he doesn’t think that it‘s autoimmune (immunologist), however he confirms that we just don’t know enough yet. He believes in reactivating viruses and treats Lyme patients as well. This is a good sign to me.

Low NK Cells have been shown in ME/CFS studies.

C.Albicans is treatable but new research suggests it's not pathogenic. Do you have an itchy bottom?

Low E coli and Bifido... Microbiome depends on your diet. But some studies link a disturbed more microbiome to ME/CFS. If you want to get lost visit cfsremission.com. But be aware of the problem that nobody really knows anything 100% about the impact of the microbiome on your health. Studies are contradictory. You're German so you understand the saying: Nichts genaues weiß man nicht.

EBV, yes. Seems to be one of the main triggers for ME.

COVID, did you have the vaccine yet?

Boba

Low NK Cells have been shown in ME/CFS studies.

C.Albicans is treatable but new research suggests it's not pathogenic. Do you have an itchy bottom?

Low E coli and Bifido... Microbiome depends on your diet. But some studies link a disturbed more microbiome to ME/CFS. If you want to get lost visit cfsremission.com. But be aware of the problem that nobody really knows anything 100% about the impact of the microbiome on your health. Studies are contradictory. You're German so you understand the saying: Nichts genaues weiß man nicht.

EBV, yes. Seems to be one of the main triggers for ME.

COVID, did you have the vaccine yet?

Yes I had the first Biontech shot. It did nothing to me.

The only symptom I had was bloating before and during my infection. I have no abnormal GI issues right now. Nothing itchy.

EBV is really low and I never experienced an infection with it. It could be that it is the reason for my Hashi, but that also runs in my family. Our whole family has autoimmune issues. (FM, Hashi, Psoriasis) that’s why I think my ME is autoimmune somehow, obviously gene driven.

The gut is a big topic I think, especially for autoimmunity. However new theories see the reason for autoimmunity in viruses.

I don’t think resetting my Microbiome will help me anyways. That would be a too easy fix. I visited the page and didn’t understand the stuff he’s writing about. Do you think his theory is legit?

What may be interesting is that I experienced mini depression after eating certain types of food, I can’t recall what but it was not the normal food coma, more like a direct connection of my gut to the brain leaving me in a depressed state for an hour or so. That was before ME.

Did anyone experience sth similar?

godlovesatrier

Yeah I've got some psiorisis currently. But I've no idea when it appeared. I'm sure it was pre herpes veridai protocol.

The website cfsremission is considered by some not to be a great source of info. There was a thread about it not too long ago. But I'm not sure if many have replied to it.

Martin aka paused||M.E.

Yes I had the first Biontech shot. It did nothing to me.

The only symptom I had was bloating before and during my infection. I have no abnormal GI issues right now. Nothing itchy.

EBV is really low and I never experienced an infection with it. It could be that it is the reason for my Hashi, but that also runs in my family. Our whole family has autoimmune issues. (FM, Hashi, Psoriasis) that’s why I think my ME is autoimmune somehow, obviously gene driven.

The gut is a big topic I think, especially for autoimmunity. However new theories see the reason for autoimmunity in viruses.

I don’t think resetting my Microbiome will help me anyways. That would be a too easy fix. I visited the page and didn’t understand the stuff he’s writing about. Do you think his theory is legit?

What may be interesting is that I experienced mini depression after eating certain types of food, I can’t recall what but it was not the normal food coma, more like a direct connection of my gut to the brain leaving me in a depressed state for an hour or so. That was before ME.

Did anyone experience sth similar?
I would not rely on the data given on cfsremission. He hasn't done any clinical trials. I don't think fixing your microbiome will have any impact on the course of your ME. Have tried it multiple times.

Guy bacteria always fight with your immune system. That can lead to autoimmunity.

And no, it's not easy. Probiotics aren't binding but just get out with stools. Most of it at least.

Boba

Woah. I also had GI symptoms and nausea during covid. He says it’s all about monocytes with covid antigen floating around your system. They found them in people after 15 months.
They use ccr5 antagonists and statins… I never tried those drugs. I don’t know if it’s too late…

Actually I thought that he is not legit. Thought he was just making money with his company.

I feel more like ME than Long Covid. My symptoms are like ME. Hmm, I’m having an identity crisis. He says that they found the mechanism… Dunno man. That mechanism should be to applicable to ME as well then. What do you think?

Judee

Psalm 46:1-3
I also think pathogens steal the nutrients so that may be why your D and manganese are low.

Borrelia burgdorferi uses manganese. Good thing your doctor treats that. Has he suggested testing you for it?

He says that they found the mechanism… Dunno man. That mechanism should be to applicable to ME as well then. What do you think?

Edit: We were talking about doctors the other night and determined that it is wise to be careful of overconfident ones. I'm wondering if that would go in this case as well.