• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

A Fresh Look at Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Diagnosis and Management of a Multisystem Illness

SWAlexander

Target Audience and Goal Statement

This activity is intended for primary care physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, and other healthcare providers (HCPs) involved in the diagnosis and management of myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME)/chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).

The goal of this activity is to increase awareness of the symptoms, diagnosis, and management of ME/CFS.

Upon completion of this activity, participants will:
  • Have increased knowledge regarding the
    • Impact of ME/CFS on multiple body systems
    • Symptom recognition of ME/CFS
  • Have greater competence related to
    • Individualizing a treatment plan to manage symptoms associated with ME/CFS
Disclosures

As an organization accredited by the ACCME, Medscape, LLC requires everyone who is in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest. The ACCME defines "relevant financial relationships" as financial relationships in any amount, occurring within the past 12 months, including financial relationships of a spouse or life partner, that could create a conflict of interest.

Medscape, LLC encourages Authors to identify investigational products or off-label uses of products regulated by the US Food and Drug Administration, at first mention and where appropriate in the content.
https://www.medscape.org/viewarticl...5475&uac=427271HY&src=wnl_tpal_211222_mscpedu

Pyrrhus

Has anyone reviewed this "continuing education" training module for doctors?

The authors include long-time, well-respected ME/cfs practitioners:
Authors: Benjamin Natelson, MD; Donna Felsenstein, MD; Mitchell Miglis, MD; Dale Strasser, MD

SWAlexander

Has anyone reviewed this "continuing education" training module for doctors?

The authors include long-time, well-respected ME/cfs practitioners:
Authors: Benjamin Natelson, MD; Donna Felsenstein, MD; Mitchell Miglis, MD; Dale Strasser, MD

I wonder how many medical professionals answer this Educational Impact Challenge question correctly: https://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/964157_2