• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2023 IACFS/ME Conference: Register now for Early Bird rates!

Hope123

2023 International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (IACFS/ME) Scientific and Medical Conference

REMINDER: Register before July 2 for Early Bird rates!
2 weeks left!

Online registration runs through July 21, 2023.
After that, there is limited on-site registration July 27, 8 AM - 12 PM

WHAT: To view the Conference schedule, register for the Conference, find accommodations, and learn about travelling to the University, visit the main Conference web page.

Visit these page for detailed information about our health and safety policy, registration fees and University housing information.

This will be IACFS/ME's 16th Medical/ Scientific Conference. Our exciting, informative program includes:

• Workshops covering research-, clinic-, and advocacy-oriented topics
  • Oral presentations of unpublished, peer-reviewed research
  • Poster presentations of unpublished, peer-reviewed research
  • Keynote Speaker: Wearables for evidence-based medicine: where are we and what is happening next? - Benjamin Vandendriessche, PhD - Byteflies, Case Western Reserve University (USA)
  • Plenary Speaker: David Putrino, PhD; Icahn School of Medicine, Mt. Sinai (New York, USA)
  • Special Symposia: Telehealth and telemedicine; Wearable technology, remote studies, and virtual trials
The conference will focus on the biomedical, behavioral, and public health aspects of ME/CFS and associated comorbidities. A portion of the meeting will also be devoted to COVID-19 and its relevance to ME/CFS research and clinical care.

Research presentations focus on new, unpublished research. All work is peer-reviewed and most sessions are accredited for continuing medical education by Stony Brook University School of Medicine.

WHERE: Student Activities Center, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, NY USA

WHEN: July 27 - 29, 9 AM - 5 PM

NOTE:
a. Attendees are required to have been vaccinated with the bivalent vaccine OR to agree to wear a mask in/ around conference spaces. See our Health & Safety policy.
b. We are also encouraging mask-wearing for everyone.
c. There are further discounts on the registration fee for IACFS/ME members and for patients/ caregivers who do not need medical education credits.
d. We have negotiated discounted rates at the Holiday Inn. Book before July 7. University housing is also available until July 4 at $80/ room/ night: book rooms when registering.
e. There is a Quiet Room reserved during hours of the Conference for people to take a break in. Lights are dimmed, noise is limited. People may use chairs in the room or bring their blankets, yoga mats, etc. to lay down on.
f. Registration includes online access to a video recording of the Conference for 30 day afterwards.

UNABLE TO ATTEND?
- You can purchase online access to videotaped recordings of the Conference. Visit the conference web page at the end of
August for more information.

- Read free summaries of the conference. Every conference, we offer free passes to members of the media and writers from the
community (like Cort Johnson!) to report on the conference. Their summaries are then posted on our website. See the 2022
reports and the 2021 reports.

HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
If you have questions after reviewing the above, please email us at iacfsmeorg@gmail.com or complete our Contact Us form.
I am irregularly available on Phoenix Rising and your questions will be answered more promptly that way.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

WHAT IS IACFS/ME? WHO ARE ITS MEMBERS?
IACFS/ME is a non-profit organization for scientists and clinicians interested in ME/CFS, long COVID, dysautonomia and related disorders. Patients, caregivers, and the public are also welcomed to become members and attend our meetings. We are based in the United States but about 30% of our members are from outside the US.

We have been in existence since 1990 and engage in activities including holding regular scientific conferences, publishing a peer-reviewed scientific journal focused on ME/CFS and related disorders, disseminating accurate clinical information about ME/CFS, and advocating for policies benefitting our membership and community (e.g., research funding, ICD-10-CM coding). Many clinicians and scientist involved in the ME/CFS field are members of IACFS/ME, have been Board members, and/or have presented at our conferences.

Visit our website.