• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2023 IACFS/ME Conference: July 27 - 29

Tom Kindlon

From: International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/ Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (IACFS/ME)
Subject: 2023 IACFS/ME Conference: July 27 - 29, Save the Date!

SAVE THE DATE!

2022 Clinical and Scientific Conference

July 27 - 29, 2023

Call for abstracts/ workshop proposals: Anticipated February 2023

Mark your calendars to join us July 27 - 29, 2023 for our International Scientific Conference to be held at Stony Brook University in Stony Brook, New York, USA. This will be IACFS/ME's 16th Scientific Conference!

We anticipate an exciting, informative program including:

• Research presentations
  • Innovative symposia
  • Clinical workshops
  • Poster sessions
Also we welcome suggestions on possible topics, speakers, workshops or organizations that you would like to see at the meeting. E-mail your ideas to iacfsmeorg@gmail.com.

We expect the meeting will run from approximately 9 AM to 5 PM July 27-29, Thursday through Saturday. A conference program will be posted on our website by early June.

The conference will focus on the biomedical, public health, and behavioral aspects of ME/CFS and associated comorbidities. A portion of the meeting will also be devoted to COVID-19 and its relevance to ME/CFS research and clinical care.

Attendees at IACFS/ME conferences are primarily biomedical and behavioral professionals, including clinicians, researchers, and educators. We especially encourage participation by professionals from outside the United States. People affected by ME/CFS and their supporters are also welcome to attend.

IACFS/ME Members received discounted registration fees: considering joining us today for this and other benefits! For a taste of our meetings, see our 2022 Conference Summaries/ information page and 2021 Conference Summaries.

COVID-19 Policy

IACFS/ME will follow vaccination, testing, and other (e.g., indoor masking, distancing) rules as required by federal, state, local, and university campus agencies. Updated information will sent over the upcoming months. Compliance with posted rules are required for all attendees. We strongly suggest you keep up-to-date on your COVID-19 vaccinations and continue practicing behaviors that lower your risk of infection. If conditions prohibit an in-person conference, we will pivot to a virtual format. We thank you in advance for your patience, understanding, and cooperation.

Travel and Accommodation Information

Stony Brook University is located in Stony Brook, New York, on Long Island, 65 miles east of New York City. Multiple airports, including John F. Kennedy International Airport, La Guardia, and Islip/ McArthur, serve the area and the town is also accessible via car, rail, and ferry. The town and surrounding locales are popular and scenic summer destinations on Long Island Sound and the Atlantic Ocean. IACFS/ME plans to reserve a block of rooms at 2 local hotels: discounted prices will be available for attendees. Additionally, some on-campus university dorm rooms may be reserved at an affordable price well below hotel rates. We will send more information in the future. Here is some basic information about the University, the local area, Long Island, and New York City.

Continuing Medical Education

Continuing Medical Education credits will be available for eligible program components. The School of Medicine, State University of New York at Stony Brook is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education to physicians and will designate the number of AMA PRA Category 1 credit (s) TM awarded for physician participation.

Sponsorship

Every conference, generous individuals, non-profit groups, agencies, foundations, and businesses have helped us create a successful meeting. If you or your organization are interested in publicizing your support of ME/CFS clinical care and research to our community, please complete our Contact Us form or e-mail us at iacfsmeorg@gmail.com.

Look Out for Future Announcements and Updates!

If this e-mail did not arrive in your primary e-mail Inbox, please make adjustments to ensure it does in the future. We do not want you to miss any important updates.

Last edited: