• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

2002, Bacterial and Viral Co-Infections in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS/ME) Patients

JES

Garth Nicolson has been chasing Mycoplasma infections for the last 30 years or so. Not implying it's not a factor, but Nicolson seems to find Mycoplasma involved in every illness: Lyme, Gulf War syndrome, CFS/ME, ALS, etc. In my country Mycoplasma Pneumoniae is a common problem especially among top athletes and there are also regular outbreaks where a large percentage of the general population gets infected. These infections can in worst case last for months, but it's something that I've rarely seen or heard lead to CFS.

osisposis

Garth Nicolson has been chasing Mycoplasma infections for the last 30 years or so. Not implying it's not a factor, but Nicolson seems to find Mycoplasma involved in every illness: Lyme, Gulf War syndrome, CFS/ME, ALS, etc. In my country Mycoplasma Pneumoniae is a common problem especially among top athletes and there are also regular outbreaks where a large percentage of the general population gets infected. These infections can in worst case last for months, but it's something that I've rarely seen or heard lead to CFS.

I can probably agree with that, however, it's interesting because it points to inhalation exposures and maybe that damage to the airways by other chronic environmental exposures , like mold and everything that can be involved in some of these water damaged buildings, and the chances that these types of exposures can set us up for opertunistic invaders is very real