• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

10m test on treadmill as well as blood flow

HABS93

Kind of nervous I have this test Tuesday. 10m on a treadmill use to be a east accomplishment but now I'm worried I'll feel dizzy after 5m and completely out of gas. Busing home after I'm going to ha e a crash for sure. On top of all that what if they find nothing like usual except the physical symptom's of my just crashing and burning...

Zebra

Hi, @HABS93 -

I noticed your post was getting a lot of views but zero responses. So, I just wanted to reach out and say, I would be nervous, too. It's SO damn hard to gear yourself up for an appt or test that you KNOW is going to lead to a crash.

About a year ago my cardiologist suggested a 10 min "VO2" exercise test. I told her I would have to think about it, because I knew it would put me out of commission for a while. So, you are a braver ME/CFS patient than me! 😉

I hope it goes "OK," and that the test results will be useful for you and your health care providers.

Maybe when you feel up to it, you could let us know how it went?

Best wishes,
Z

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Kind of nervous I have this test Tuesday. 10m on a treadmill use to be a east accomplishment but now I'm worried I'll feel dizzy after 5m and completely out of gas. Busing home after I'm going to ha e a crash for sure. On top of all that what if they find nothing like usual except the physical symptom's of my just crashing and burning...
For all the treadmill tests I have done, they gave me complete control saying to stop the test anytime it got to be too much. I also took recovery food, drink, drugs (whatever helps you) and sat in the waiting room for an hour or so afterwards. Even with just a few minutes on the treadmill they can tell a lot as you will likely be hooked up to an EKG and have your BP monitored. My treadmill tests were worse in anticipation than in reality. Hope it goes well.

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
They may stop the test early if they find you've reached the top of your ability. They monitor heart rate and blood pressure throughout. I had a treadmill test decades ago and I recall the first thing they did when they stopped the treadmill was to put a chair under me and take my blood pressure. My cardiologist was there to monitor everything. I don't think I went the full ten minutes.

If you do start to feel like you're going to pass out during the test be sure to say so. There will be several people there to grab you. If you want to find out just who and how many will be at your test, maybe you can shoot them a message before Tuesday.

HABS93

Hi, @HABS93 -

I noticed your post was getting a lot of views but zero responses. So, I just wanted to reach out and say, I would be nervous, too. It's SO damn hard to gear yourself up for an appt or test that you KNOW is going to lead to a crash.

About a year ago my cardiologist suggested a 10 min "VO2" exercise test. I told her I would have to think about it, because I knew it would put me out of commission for a while. So, you are a braver ME/CFS patient than me! 😉

I hope it goes "OK," and that the test results will be useful for you and your health care providers.

Maybe when you feel up to it, you could let us know how it went?

Best wishes,
Z
That's exactly what I was worried about aha. I laugh now but won't be tomorrow. If you can't even finish it how are we not finding out what's going on with CFS patients. So much technology I feel we should atleast be able to identify what's going on .
I'll let you guys know tomorrow ! Thanks for the support !

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
That's exactly what I was worried about aha. I laugh now but won't be tomorrow. If you can't even finish it how are we not finding out what's going on with CFS patients. So much technology I feel we should atleast be able to identify what's going on .
I'll let you guys know tomorrow ! Thanks for the support !
I never finished a treadmill test or went close to 10 minutes but my electrophysiologist (cardiologist who specializes in heart rhythms) said she always got plenty of information to work with.

HABS93

Well now I'm convinced it's neurological. I ran 18m and she said your body is in great shape. So my own personal riddle is everything looks completely fine but I did get dizzy. My conclusion is it's literally in the head . It's really confusing to have so many symptom's and problems only to "look" fine test after test...