• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Your gut bacteria could determine how you respond to cutting-edge cancer drugs

bertiedog

Very interesting research showing yet again the importance of the gut microbiome. This time it's to do with successful treatment of certain cancers and immunotherapy plus the role of the bacteria that reside in the gut especially was the abundance of the bacteria which has been shown by Dr Lipkin and Maddy Hornig to be low in ME/CFS. (Mine is too as shown by this year's American Gut Stool Test but I am working on it.)

Surely this should be telling the ME community something i.e., the immune system is affected by what is in our gut. It seems such a simple fact and I know there are many ME researchers looking into this and our illness. Meanwhile it surely makes sense to find out what one's own microbiome if one can afford to do this. I think my test cost around £75.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...ine-how-you-respond-cutting-edge-cancer-drugs

Pam