• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(Yet another) 23andme results - 8 reds, 6 yellows. That's bad, right?

You have heterozygous a1298c and c677t.. So you'll need lmethyltetrahydrofolate and methyl b12.. Especially with that shut down in bhmt. Supplement TMG and sam-e.. Sam-e helps Comt and youve hopefully increased bh4 with the mthfr supports so that will also help Mao. I'd be curious about other reds that might show on sterling's report over in the NOS cycle..

Lotus97

You have heterozygous a1298c and c677t.. So you'll need lmethyltetrahydrofolate and methyl b12.. Especially with that shut down in bhmt. Supplement TMG and sam-e.. Sam-e helps Comt and youve hopefully increased bh4 with the mthfr supports so that will also help Mao. I'd be curious about other reds that might show on sterling's report over in the NOS cycle..

People with COMT +/+ polymorphisms tend to be sensitive to methyl donors so taking SAMe would not be a good idea.

But you are Vdr bsm -- and have polymorphisms all over your methionine cycle... I see the concern, I'd be curious how you felt after you put mthfr and bhmt supports in place.

greenshots

I actually forgot about that one (just got my results last night). I guess maybe I do need to look into CBS. I was also wondering about ordering those test strips too. I've been spending so much money on supplements that I wanted to wait to see my results. I guess I'll hold off on MSM and glucosamine sulfate until I find out more info. If anyone else following this thread knows the answer, please tell us:thumbsup:

I don't think that CBS is such a big deal but because you have those full BHMTs, it puts more stress thru there so its more of the combo. You almost have to think of yourself as having the bigger CBS due to the whole picture. But having said that, my doc didn't really suggest going down on sulfur foods like veggies unless you had a whole bunch of defects like BHMT, CBS 699, NOS, SUOX. But I guess it depends on your amino acid tests and the whole picture with the biochem.