• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

XMRV positive and no Treatment

Do people out there have XMRV but are not treating it at the moment? IF we have it does it mean we need to treat it?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Do people out there have XMRV but are not treating it at the moment? IF we have it does it mean we need to treat it?

Yes, there are people here who have tested positive but are not treating it because there is no "approved" or fully validated treatment, and also it is not yet clear what we are dealing with. Research is, as you must be reading, still conflicted on the whole XMRV question.

I tested positive and and decided to treat "it"--whatever it turns out to be. I, like about 30 others on this forum, am taking weekly injections of GcMAF, which increases the macrophages--an important immune aspect that fights viruses and retroviruses.

I am getting better--symptom-wise and lab-test-wise--though my follow-up labs have only been basic so far, as GcMAF is a long term (many month) treatment that will probably not affect tests like immune markers quickly.

Very best wishes,
Sushi

Does anyone else have all the infections I have? Hhv ebv parvo mycoplasma chlamydia pnuemonia. Why do I feel like I have more than others?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Does anyone else have all the infections I have? Hhv ebv parvo mycoplasma chlamydia pnuemonia. Why do I feel like I have more than others?

If I remember correctly WPI found about 50 infections in patients who tested positive for XMRV--correct me if I am wrong!

I have a bunch of the same ones you do, plus a couple you didn't mention. If the "conventional wisdom" about XMRV proves true, it weakens the immune system allowing multiple infections to creep in and become chronic.

Sushi

You can help yourself naturally. Find a Chinatown near you and get acupuncture to treat your immune system. But transfer factor. See if you have a co-infection such as candida and if so treat that, too. You will be 80-90 percent better.

ukxmrv

I've XMRV+ and accupuncture did nothing for me (also treating Candida).

For some of us who have tested we are long term ill and have tried all the obvious things. For us the new treatments may offer some hope (if we can get them of course).