• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wrongly Sectioned (Non-M.E. cases)

golden

I thought this interesting topic is worth covering.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-24683451

' But a psychiatrist had suggested they go to hospital to check the duke's medication.

The Dowager Duchess of Hamilton said she was led to believe this would just be for a few days but after she filled in an admissions form she was told her husband had actually been sectioned for 28 days.

"He was really upset," she said.

"I could hear him calling for me: 'Kay', 'Kay'.

"I said, 'It's alright pet. You're here voluntarily, you can come home if you want to'.

"Then a voice behind said, 'No he can't. He's been sectioned for 28 days and he may not get out then'."

When the Duchess returned the next day she noticed the duke's speech was slurred and he was suddenly having difficulty walking, due to anti-psychotics she believes were unnecessarily prescribed.

A few days later, when she had to leave for the evening, she looked back to see him trying to escape from a first floor window.

"He rushed out into my arms saying, 'home!' and then they had to pull him away from me.

"I thought, if this can happen to the Duke of Hamilton, what chance has Joe Bloggs got?"

Best
Golden

Last edited: