• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Wore monitor to work today....surprising

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I think I really need to get myself some compression stockings or something too... Did you need any kind of a doctor's note for them, or is that something I could get myself from a medical supply place? I tracked my daily heart rate data today and my max was 172 :eek:! Not cool.

I have had good luck with this place: http://www.brightlifedirect.com/ They stock all the major brands, will help you with fitting in a phone consult, and most impressively, if they don't work for you you can return them.

Sushi

taniaaust1

I think I really need to get myself some compression stockings or something too... Did you need any kind of a doctor's note for them, or is that something I could get myself from a medical supply place? I tracked my daily heart rate data today and my max was 172 :eek:! Not cool.

Some pharmacies sell them... medical supply places do too thou the medical supply place I got mine throu, one had to have a doctors referal to get them from there. Things all depend on where you get them from.

soxfan

I bought them at a pharmacy and they are futuro brand. I have to admit I couldn't even get them on yesterday morning so I wore my lower compression socks which I think are considered mild compression.
I was in a rush so couldn't take the time to work with trying to get them on but I am going to practice with them today.
There are many different brands but since I work in a pharmacy it was easier just to get them there and If I don't feel like I can wear them I will bring them back.

I am seeing the doctor next week and will talk to him about it. I seemed to have less hot flashing with high pulse even using the lower compression...

hurtingallthetimet

hello soxfan ive heard of monitors you can wear...not sure if what you are talking about...but the ones you wear all the time..it gives heart rate...calories burned...how much you sleep..and type of sleep...

but also you have to pay to have it monitored or something not sure how that works either but the cost was way too much...i would love to have one like that..espically for the calories...

soxfan

The monitor I have is like a wrist watch..it is made by Timex. It gives heart rate...current time...calories burned. I only wanted to use it as a monitor so I could figure out why I get so tired at work and if the cause is POTS symptoms including elevated heart rate...

Mine doesn't have anything to do with sleep but I have read about those in the newspaper. The Wall Street Journal had an article on them..I would love to get one of those too but I know my sleep is really poor and have already had a sleep study so I don't think it would really help....