• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Which program is the best to cheack your methylation profile on

If I want to get a good explenation to my methylation profile which program should I use? I have raw data from 23andme. Promethease or Livewello or anythinge else?

halcyon

Genetic Genie is probably the most popular. Promethease is cool but it's an avalanche of information and not specific only to methylation. Some people seem to like Sterling's App. I would avoid NutraHacker because they seem to have inaccurate information and don't care to fix it, and they also plagiarized information from a forum member here.

You may be interested in knowing that Dr. Nancy Mullan, MD based in Los Angeles has a Tuesday night Q&A session. From her Tuesday, December 16, 2014 website:

"It's an Open Forum which is held on Tuesday night at 5:00 PM Pacific Time (8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, 7:00 PM Central, 6:00 PM Mountain) in order to answer your questions and introduce you to her work. You may be checking her out to see if you would like to consult her. Or you may not have the option of working with her, but would still like to get her information.

The call in number is(605) 562-3140 (California), and the access code is 691392#.

When you hear Dr. Mullan come on the line, press *6 to get into the question and answer line if you have a question.

This program is not recorded. International call in numbers are linked here."

I hope this is useful information for you.

Victoriana V.

picante

Genetic Genie's methylation report gave me 26 snps. Their detox report gave me 30 snps.

Sterling's app (MTHFRSupport) looks for over 80 snps just in the methylation section. Until I ran this report, I had not found my worst problem (NOS2 - 3 +/+ mutations).
It has lots of sections: Detox, Allergy/Mold, Celiac, Methylation, Mitochondrial Function, IgE, IgA, IgG and Other Immune Factors, Thyroid, etc.
It was a much better deal for the money.