• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Whey & Insulin - any 1st hand feedback?

ebethc

I've been trying whey in the past week, and I have to say that I felt pretty good today after some initial stomach upset last week... I've also been taking higher doses of M.F. & MB12 & P5P (away from the whey) but I think the whey is making a big contribution... I've always felt that low glutathione is a big problem for me, so I'm chalking it up to increased glutathione. (I get every bug that goes around, and can't seem to get better very easily, either... I had the flu for 2 mos this winter..).

Today I read that whey causes insulin spikes that bring blood sugar too low, and over time causes insulin resistance... I think my years of adrenal problems wreaked havoc w my blood sugar (slightly elevated at last doctors visit a couple of months ago), so I'm reluctant to do anything that will cause further blood sugar probs.. I've also read that whey can help people lose weight - which seems contrary to the reports of insulin problems. The same article (on a popular paleo site) claimed that dairy causes blood sugar problems - which i've never heard before...

Can anyone share feedback re whey and insulin - either positive or negative?

thanks

ebethc

also - couldn't tolerate glutathione injections or liposomal glutathione AT ALL... (v. common reactions)... Got very, very sick from these, even though I've always felt that glutathione is a big problem for me..

how does whey contribute to a "methyl trap"? Is this the case even if I am taking Mb12/M.F. away from whey?