Lipkin's Monster ME/CFS Study: Microbes, Immunity & Big Data
The Microbe Discovery Project outlines an ambitious new study by top researchers that has collected patient samples, but needs desperately funds to complete the work.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

What's behind the latest Dr. Oz controversy

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by natasa778, Apr 22, 2015.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

2. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Almost exactly what some of us were saying last Friday: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...rs-call-on-columbia-univ-to-oust-dr-oz.36908/

Good to hear Bob Arnot speaking very sensibly on the issue. Interesting, too, to hear his criticisms in respect of the media for not scrutinising sources of "information" when those sources are scientists / doctors.

This whole business is getting very interesting. It really could blow up into something which shifts public perceptions and brings the whole money-driven 'science' propaganda industry into the spotlight. I welcome it, and hope Dr Oz does a good job. This is actually quite exciting! :D

3. CFS_for_19_years

CFS_for_19_years Hoarder of biscuits

USA
    I think Dr. Oz is still a putz.

4. sarah darwins

Cornwall, UK
    I don't think too many people would disagree (even though he's a pretty soft target by John Oliver's standards - I was somewhat disappointed when I saw that particular episode). But Dr Oz may prove to be an unlikely hero in bringing the dirty tricks and deliberate misleading of the public by both drug companies and BioTech firms into sharp focus. Those guys do a lot more harm than the supplement industry, but most people still have no clue what goes on.

The way the world works now, it probably needs a 'name' guy like Dr Oz to change the conversation.

natasa778, Crux, Valentijn and 3 others like this.
  5. Kina

Kina

Sofa, UK
  6. sarah darwins

Cornwall, UK
    Valentijn likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.