• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What would likely happen if I only took Melpron and skipped the Azithromycin?

jess100

I've read up on Azithromycin and have to say that anything that causes heart rhythm problems scares me. Not to mention the cardiac deaths during the first few days of taking it. I saw on PR that it has helped a lot of people, but it's also made some people worse. I don't want to take that risk either.

I wonder what would happen if I skipped the Azithromycin and only took the Melpron. I read that taking it alone has effects on malaria -which makes me think it might do something for the Babesia. Or maybe it wouldn't. Has anyone heard of doing this? Of course I would only do so if my doctor agreed with me.

sianrecovery

I don't know Jess. I've been on both for a couple of months. My impression is most babs treatment regimes are highly speculative anyway. My LLMD says she's seen people do well on the combo, so I'm giving it a go.