• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What they new back then????

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I pinched this from another cfs site. If u modernized their clothes and haircuts u could say this clip isnt very old. After watching this we havent really moved very far forward, its abit frustrating actually.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGrKOV_u7xg
It would be interesting to know how these people are going today, hopefully they have changed their haircuts and glasses, lol.

undcvr

How old are these ???

Jeezus this is scary.

I have forgotten how much class talk shows in the past had. Ah society ... you have failed ...

Nope things have not changed, the world still claims it's a "mystery" but thank god fashions have changed!. From the reporters hair, makeup and jewellery it puts it at around 1987ish?. But going from the two guests fashion sense you would think 1980. The glasses of the 1980's were hideous lol.

Ian

things have not changed because dentists are still doing root canals

jimbob

ME/CFS84-XMRV+
You pinched them from me, but that's O.K., I was going to post them here anyway. Pretty much all of them are from 1987. After being diagnosed by DR. Gantz, I would pop in a VCR tape when I new a CFS story was to be aired. I'm actually in the Nightline one and the 3 part series by Channel 7 out of boston. Sad to say, but we were treated better back then and actually taken seriously. If it wasn't for AIDS taking center stage and the CDC botching up everything up, there probably would have been a cure a long time ago. Jim

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
so me saying i pinched them is just like referencing them to you, lol.
you called them a blast from the past, cool.
have anymore would be good.

cheers!!!

SilverbladeTE

JimBob
the psych nitwits (*) back then claimed AIDS was caused by "the stress etc of the gay lifestyle" and called it "Gay Related Stress Disorder", or some such baloney, jeesh.

(*) obviously not all psychiatrists are morons, bigots, numbskulls, callous, inhuman, selfish, or corrupt tosspots. But they do seem to have more than their fair share of wahoos :p