• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

What is the usual % for liquid Hydrochloric Acid ?

Peyt

Hi,

Since I don't do well with Betaine , I went and saw a Dr. and asked for a prescription for the pure liqiud form of HCL.

He wrote a prescription for 0.06% and wants me to take 3 drops in 1/2 cup of water per meal,

I have tried it with my last 2 meals and honestly I don't feel anything close to what I used to feel when taking regular HCL pills. I have bloating after eating as if i took no hcl...

So I wonder if he knew what he was writing!

Any idea what is the usual % for pure liquid HCL should be?

Thanks

Peyt

Last edited:

WoolPippi

My dr prescribed me 5% solution.

But it was an old remedy that was current 40-60 years ago. Back then it was called "Julapium" in my country. He was chuckling as he wrote it and he hoped that the pharmacist's father would remember how to make it.

He thought me quite inventive to ask for some stomach acidifier and he thought himself quite smart for remembering Julapium. And how everybody and their mother used to take it in the last century. It was very common in the '20s to '70s

So your dr mght have felt weird and out of his dept.

It worked wonders for me! Started to turn this whole thing around, in 2008. By now I take tablets but quite weak ones which I also cut up for more tailored dosage (Lamberts HCL with Pepsine, 324 mg per pill)