• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Weak lead legs?

flitza

Does anyone get this with a crash/fatigue? When I've overdone things or I'm crashing from any emotional stuff my legs go so weak and thighs like lead. Heavy but weak feeling, and walking feels difficult and scary!

I have it tonight. I don't get pain just overwhelming weakness in my legs. Sometimes my arms but that's more arms feel warm and heavy.

I've over done things today, of course a better day after a tough 2 days in a crash and I've walked my dog, drove the kids to school, showered, washed my hair and dried it, done some yoga and cooked all the meals. Then tonight I started to feel woozy and dizzy in my head, tired feelings hen wham the heavy lead, weak highs started and then I feel faint standing or walking. Standing still is worse. This has been my main symptom and on crash days it's bad and I struggle to even walk to the bathroom due to how weak and lead heavy my thighs feel and with it I have a faint woozy head and have to lie down till the crash passes which can be a day or two.

My mum visit at Christmas and we had a big heart to heart, it was very emotional as she's not been a mum or been close to me since my brother attacked me 5 years ago. I shouldn't have done the talk because I crashed severe for 3 days. The talk caused severe panic attacks during it and afterwards I felt so ill. I had for 3 days this awful weak legs like lead and faint feelings unable to walk around. So they can happen after anything emotional or like recently just doing too much at home.

Is his normal for cfs the weak lead legs and feeling faint walking and standing? On the days it's bad like above I will be bed ridden and unable to even make a drink, I need my husband to take care of me and the children but luckily those severe crashes are rare but day to day I get the bad leg weakness a lot by evening.

I just wondered does anyone else suffer what I describe?

Thank you
Julie
Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time.
I get that feeling in my lower back when I'm crashing.
I get leg weakness sometimes too, especially in the shower.
Pacing is so important, but so hard.

Jemima37

Sorry to hear you're having such a rough time.
I get that feeling in my lower back when I'm crashing.
I get leg weakness sometimes too, especially in the shower.
Pacing is so important, but so hard.
It's so hard isn't it, I've overdone it today going out just to he duck pond for half an hour plus baking and general family stuff at home. Weak legs have hit and I'm having to rest do rey and avoid a crash.