When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Was on LDN since 2009, weened off to every other day, now stopped 1 week.

Discussion in 'Cognition' started by *GG*, Mar 18, 2016.

1. *GG*

*GG* senior member

Concord, NH
    LDN=low dose naltrexone

My brain is extra foggy lately, been off LDN for about 1 week now. I used to be able to drink coffee, and my brain would wake up an hour or 2 later. Been on LDN since late 2009 so at least 5 years now!

I did exert myself a couple times last week, think i am over that. Started back on my Clomid recently as well, 25 mgs at least 2x a week.

I have stopped trying to figure what this drug actually does for me!

I still have a little around, trying to see if I need to pay for this out of pocket via the pharmacy or if I am going to buy it online. Either way looks like I am going to need to spend over $150 fro a supply of only 3 months (Pharm) or 2 years if I buy it online and compound myself.

GG

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I wonder why it costs so much for you? I get the generic 50 mg tablets from Walgreens and my insurance pays for a lot of it. It costs me about $1 per month.

3. *GG*

*GG* senior member

Concord, NH
    I asked my PCP to prescribe the 50mg, she said she couldn't. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Heroin "epidemic" going on? If anyone has any suggestions, I would ask again!

GG

4. Sushi

Albuquerque
    That is odd--I've had several doctors prescribe the 50 mg tabs. The pharmacist sort of looks "squinty" at me when I pick them up though.

belize44 and *GG* like this.
  5. *GG*

*GG* senior member

Concord, NH
    So it is not against some Fed/state law to prescribe a higher dose than needed?

GG

6. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Not as far as I know. Lots of us here get 50 mg tabs. And, the pharmacy and insurance company don't know what dose you need. The only see what the doc writes on the script.

*GG* likes this.
  7. belize44

belize44 Senior Member

I had a young pharmacy tech give me the "squinty" look, too, when I came to pick up my LDN and compounded pain cream. I was so glad when the pharmacist came over to answer a question, and said, is your doctor prescribing this for fibro pain? The tech then looked sheepish.

Sushi likes this.
  8. Rvanson

Rvanson Senior Member

USA
    I know that LDN seems to help some people, but what does Clomid do for you?

9. *GG*

*GG* senior member

Concord, NH
    I think my Dr uses it in combination with DHEA to increase my low testosterone. I have worked out in the gym in the recent past, and have gained strength in my mid 40s :)

GG

Rvanson and panckage like this.

See more popular forum discussions.