• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Warning About Pregnenolone - Use DIM instead

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I tried Pregnenolone to try and boost the right kind of estrogen and testosterone. I ended up with a cyst on my right ovary and a cyst on my right breast. (I wonder what is up with the right side?) I read some more about it and found out that when the body is under stress, it produces too much Pregnenolone and it can increase the risk of ovarian cysts (depending on the person). This isn't the first time I have had cysts, I used to get them all the time, but the problem went away after a partial hysterectomy, until now.

If you have CFS and Fibromyalgia and have bad flare ups once a month before your period (which used to be before my period when I had one), use DIM (Diindolylmethane) instead. DIM helps convert bad estrogen into good estrogen. It is taken by many women who have breast cancer. If you look up Diindolylmethane on google scholar, there are a lot of articles about DIM and estrogen.

DIM seems to be working for me to ease the once a month before period (hormone fluctuation) fibro flare ups. I also no longer eat any dairy or meat with added hormones in it. That helps too.