• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Voting over for Round 1 of Aviva contest.

Aileen

988 votes! In 12th place! Doing very well--We are in the top 20 in the large-prize division and in line to qualify! When we reach 1,000 votes, the Nat'l ME/FM Action Network will be entered in the Wild Card drawing. There will be 20 Wild Card winners in Qualifying Round 1. Each winner will receive $1,000! Let's hope we win one!
@frenchtulip I think you may be misunderstanding how they are picking the ideas that qualify for the next round. We must be in the top 15 in the large-prize division, not the top 20.

They have changed things this year, and it is very difficult to find info on the site this year too! :( It says that in the first round the following move to semi-finals:
15 ideas small budget - top vote leaders (top 15 overall in small budget)
+ 5 ideas - top category leaders in small budget (meaning the one idea that wins in each of the 5 categories)
= 20 ideas small budget

15 ideas large budget - top vote leaders (top 15 in large budget)
+ 5 ideas - top category leaders in large budget (one idea each category)
= 20 ideas large budget

So, this means we must be #15 or higher in votes for large budget
or we are #1 in health category for large budget.

We are so far out of 1st in the health category there is no chance for that.
So, we must be in the TOP 15 vote getters in the large category to move to semi-finals.

We have indeed qualified for the wildcard draw though. :thumbsup: They used different rules to pick those. :rolleyes:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
So, we must be in the TOP 15 vote getters in the large category to move to semi-finals.

So if we can hold our #12 position or better it we're good to go, then. :thumbsup:

Thanks, Aileen. I wish they wouldn't make these things so complicated!

shahida

i'm having problems too- i voted yesterday via facebook from the aviva site but when i tried to do it today it came up as i'd already done it- which i hadn't because it didn't confirm. Don't know what's going on.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I spent last night with my Mother, so didn't get my usual early am vote in. At 11:30 pm I remembered that I hadn't voted today. By the time I got logged on to my dial-up connection, onto the Aviva site, and logged in, it was 11: 57. I made my vote (#1368), then realized that I am on central time and they are on eastern time, so it was already 12:57 Saturday there. :confused: So far, I have made 3 votes in 6 days.

ETA: I have not been able to log out the last two times I voted.

Dolphin

Voted.
I noticed today it asked me to share my vote but I noticed from the number of votes remaining, the vote hadn't gone through.
So I had to delete the screen that had popped up and click on vote and it worked.

*GG*

I've tried everything I can think of and I always have the rare computer issues that no one else has!

So you tried copying and pasting the password? (Saw it mentioned, not sure if you said yes?) No room for errors this way as long as you only copy the exact number of digits. I do this sometimes, just easier!

GG

1552 votes!

caledonia