• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Vitamins processing... Help please?

Hi,
I have had trouble walking (stiffness, heaviness and weakness with numb feeling legs) for a long time now.... Doc is now referring me to a neuro as i had some hyper reflexes...

Anyway I have been trying to find the answer to my problems for so long & all basic blood tests came back ok apart from my vit b12 and folate being high...

What I would like to know is how to find out if my body is processing the vitamins as they should?
My vit d was also low (not deficient but low) & I would like to try some vitamin d but don't want to make myself feel even worse because my body may not be able to process. I think this may be why my b12 & folate is high and don't wanna overload my body.

I tried some sublingual b12 recently and that made me feel sooooooooooo dizzy so I had to stop & extra iron tablets do the same....

So is there a test to find out if my body (intesines (???) liver (???) is working properly to process...

I have also just ordered another vitamin d test after reading about the link between vitamin d deficiency and ms.

My mind isn't working very well at the moment so could someone explain in laymans terms as I find it so hard to get my head around everything :(

I would have to go through the doc to get the test as I have no money now.... So cant order a test online :(

Sparrow

An organic acids test can indicate whether some thing are being processed correctly or not. Methylmalonic acid should give you an idea about your B12. I have had a mainstream doctor order this test, so hopefully your doctor may be willing to do it.