• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Very High Intracellular Calcium

Hello All
I have been very ill for 2.5 years. First diagnosed with CFS/Fibromyalgia and recently tested positive for Lyme. I am new to this forum so not sure to post this question here or in CFS area, so will do both. I was about to start treatment via IV antibiotics in UK (every day for 4 weeks) but tests have just come back and my doctor believes I'm to sensitive to medications to tolerate the antibiotics at the moment. She is more concerned with the blood result showing very high intracellular calcium levels and wants to treat this with immunotherapy. I'm concerned with this approach and I'm hoping somebody out there has experience or any advice to offer on how serious this is and how to treat it please??

Hi and thank you for reply. I'm looking at my results and can only make out the comments "Intracellular calcium is high at 255 nmol/l *Normal is 100" . I can send you my results and I'm sure you'd make more sense of them? Is it OK to upload my results on here? Or can I send to you in a PM (not sure how to do that yet on here ?)

Hi. I sent them to Nandixon as he sent a PM. Thank you for asking. Do you think it is worth uploading then here. I have not had much response, but then perhaps it's not such a common problem and so not many will have knowledge of it. I just hesitate in going ahead with the immunotherapy that the doctor wants to treat it with.

nandixon

@Lemnia

You can also do a search of Phoenix Rising by using the search box. In particular, you can select the Google Site Search feature and then type in "intracellular calcium" - with the quotation marks in order to restrict the search to the two words side by side. (Note: If you use the search box, as opposed to the Google Site Search, you should un-check the "Search this forum only" selection.)

There were 53 results when I did that.

Last edited: