• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ventolin or Symbicort for CFS?

ramakentesh

Ive heard some whispers about people using ventolin and symbicort (inhalers for asthma) for CFS and sometimes experiencing dramatic improvements. This is of interest because at least in POTS some patients have beta 2 adrenoreceptor abnormalities and under-responsiveness.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Basically a stimulant, so could improve energy this way. Ventolin is selective of beta 2 receptors but would still have mild effects on beta 1 and alpha receptors which could help with POTS/OI symptoms. alpha receptors can help blood vessels to constrict and beta 1 increase heart rate and strength of contractions, beta 2 smooth muscle relaxant and helps with opeing airways.

I say give it a go, if it helps cool. Its a reasonably safe med.

cheers!!!

xrayspex

my doc gave me ventolin last fall when was going thru rough patch of worse hypotension, shortness of breath, worse than usual and happened more lying down bizarrely
It did help, used it for month or 2 every day, but it put me in horrible mood, maybe because I have mcs p450 detox issues, maybe something in it was hard for me to breakdown or some gross chemical in it may have had bad side effect for me. I was desperate but it was hardly worth it in big picture for how much more anhedonia it caused. but for short term worth trying and not everyone will have the side effect i did obviously.......