• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

valcyte and oral ganciclovir

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Hi,

I always thought valcyte was an oral version of iv ganciclovir but i came accros a site selling ganciclovir 500mg tabs x 90 $690. There generic valcyte is worth $1150 x 60 from the same place. Obviously whats attracting me is the price. Does anyone know what the difference is and has anyone used the oral version before. Only had a quick google and side effects compared to each other dont seem to different. maybe it is just a generic valcyte, when u look at the domain of the link to the page below it says valcept which is what they also call generic valcyte, but whats throwing me off is they also have a different link to valcept which they say is generic valcyte. SO confused.

http://www.genericcancerdrugs.com/drug_details/Valcept_5031.html

cheers!!!

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Found my answer, valcyte is 60% absorbed where ganciclovir is 8% absorbed, so its like valtrex and acyclovir, valtrex delivers more acyclovir to the system then oral acyclovir, which seems to be what valcyte does it delivers more ganciclovir then oral ganciclovir.

cheers!!!