• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Valcyte and Bloating

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Does anyone have bloating from Valcyte and if so did you find anything to ease it? After I eat it's not fun although the bloat/cramp never goes away. It's much better when I'm upright, which is not that often.

I raised my dose to 900 June 30 (had been on 450 for a few weeks) and about 3 days ago I noticed what I had chalked up to my IBS wasn't easing up. I think stomach cramps is a side effect.

I feel like I'm filled with gas.

I did recently start back on B5 and Licorice Extract, so I will stop them, but I had taken them for a long time (I stopped all sups to figure out something) and I never had a problem with them.

If it's the Valcyte that's fine because I feel better. I'd just like to know.

Please tag me.

Last edited:

antares4141

I seemed to get neuropathy (from 500mg valtrex a day) on the undersides of my arms. Which was a symptom I had for years until I stopped gluten and dairy. Seemed to have gastric upset also. Just didn't manifest in bloating so much as burning type pain. Also had severe bloating and feeling like I had been poisoned before quitting gluten and dairy.
I also get pain commonly with or without valtrex under my lower right rib. Usually after eating. Which I usually associate with other problems. Increased fatigue, brain fog, flue like feeling, burning in forehead area. Want to go on antibiotics again! They do seem to help. My bowel movement's are not much thicker than a milk shake. They were surprisingly somewhat better when I was on antibiotics.

Pretty much quit taking probiotics. I always seem to get severe anxiety when I am on them. Someone used the analogy of probiotics as tantamount to cutting down a rain forest and planting corn. I'm wondering if there is any benefit at all. When I first started them it was pretty profound how much better I felt. Like most everything else didn't last.