• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

USA & Norway Governments Show Post-Sepsis EBV and Rituximab

Sidereal

Obviously ME/CFS is not post-sepsis syndrome since we didn't have sepsis at onset but the idea that it is a state of chronic low-grade endotoxemia (with post-exertional exacerbations during which you get increased permeability of the gut and therefore bacterial translocation) is how I view this illness.

A.B.

Obviously ME/CFS is not post-sepsis syndrome since we didn't have sepsis at onset but the idea that it is a state of chronic low-grade endotoxemia (with post-exertional exacerbations during which you get increased permeability of the gut and therefore bacterial translocation) is how I view this illness.

This is an interesting idea for me since my relapses often seem to happen within an hour of a meal. I can literally feel a wave of leaden fatigue wash over me which doesn't go away with rest, and the next day all symptoms are worse (presumably because whatever process is happening stops regeneration during sleep).

msf

Yes, I was, sorry for not being very clear - I meant have you read the paper I posted in the Lyme forum that shows that LPS increases in healthy patients after exercise? It seems quite likely to me that, since De Meirleir and Maes have found increased levels of LPS and IgM antibodies to gut bacteria in people with ME, the effect in ME patients may be more pronounced.

IreneF

Yes, I was, sorry for not being very clear - I meant have you read the paper I posted in the Lyme forum that shows that LPS increases in healthy patients after exercise? It seems quite likely to me that, since De Meirleir and Maes have found increased levels of LPS and IgM antibodies to gut bacteria in people with ME, the effect in ME patients may be more pronounced.
Not too interested in Lyme per se, altho my daughter my daughter is studying Borrelia ecology in local oak woodland.

msf

Well, I just posted it there because it did not mention ME, but don't worry, it doesn't mention Lyme either.