• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Trial by Error, Continued: My Letter to the University of Bristol

Kati

Patient in training
David Tuller continues his work to defend his reputation ( following libel by Dr Crawley) and most importantly defends our community against bad science and the psycho-social lobby.

Here is the begining of today's article but give Virology blog traffic and view the complete article there.
http://www.virology.ws/2017/06/14/trial-by-error-continued-my-letter-to-the-university-of-bristol/

This morning I e-mailed the following letter to Sue Paterson, the University of Bristol’s Director of Legal Services and Deputy University Secretary, to protest Professor Esther Crawley’s accusation that I libeled her in blogging about her work. I cc’d the office of the university’s vice-chancellor, Professor Hugh Brady.

Dear Ms. Paterson:

I have recently learned that Professor Esther Crawley of the University of Bristol’s Centre for Child and Adolescent Health, in her inaugural lecture on February 24th of this year, accused me of libel. During her talk, she showed a slide with the phrase “libellous blogs,” accompanied by a screen shot of one of my blog posts on Virology Blog. While that slide was on the screen, she also mentioned “libellous blogs,” obviously referring to the Virology Blog post, among others.

Also in case you missed it, David is crowd funding to continue his work as his position at Berkely University has been defunded. His work is very worthy of supporting and the fundraising ends at the end of the month.

https://www.crowdrise.com/virology-...e-reporting-on-pace-mecfs-and-related-issues1

Last edited: