• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Tree hugging now scientifically validated

Seewell

Hi folks.I found the below article interesting..

So i dont have to feel strange about hugging trees anymore:)Great!
If trees can alleviate headaches(as the below article suggests)i am going to try spending more time
near trees.As i get very bad migraines.

TreeHug-hands.jpg
"So what is it about nature that can have these significant effects? Up until now it has been thought to be the open green spaces that cause this effect. However, Matthew Silverstone, shows that it is nothing to do with this by proving scientifically that it is the vibrational properties of trees and plants that give us the health benefits and not the open green spaces.
The answer to how plants and trees affect us physiologically turns out to be very simple. It is all to do with the fact that everything vibrates in a subtle manner, and different vibrations affect biological behaviours. One research experiment showed that if you drink a glass of water that has been treated with a "10Hz vibration" your blood coagulation rates will change immediately on ingesting the treated water. It is the same with trees, when touching a tree its different vibrational pattern will affect various biological behaviours within your body.
This vibrational idea is backed up throughout the book by a number of scientific studies to provide convincing proof that tree hugging after all is not such a crazy idea. One report even concluded the following: "safe, green spaces may be as effective as prescription drugs in treating some forms of mental illnesses".

The full source is here http://50.28.60.91/~upliftme/index.php/people/natural-heal/521-tree-hugging-scientifically-validated

Dreambirdie

work in progress
I love trees. They have not relieved any of my worst symptoms, but I definitely feel more peaceful when I sit leaning against one. The ocean has an even more beneficial effect on my overall being.

I think we all have a bit of Nature Deficit Disorder in this fast-paced and highly caffeinated world of ours, and could use reconnecting to whatever source of nature energy we feel most drawn to and inspired by.

Seewell

I love trees. They have not relieved any of my worst symptoms, but I definitely feel more peaceful when I sit leaning against one. The ocean has an even more beneficial effect on my overall being.

I think we all have a bit of Nature Deficit Disorder in this fast-paced and highly caffeinated world of ours, and could use reconnecting to whatever source of nature energy we feel most drawn to and inspired by.

Ive got two big trees about 2 meters away from the back door.I enjoy sitting under them..
I enjoyed your beach shot by the way.looks great.
Used to live by the sea,i know what you mean,theres nothing better than walking along the beach on a big
windy day.