Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Thundergod Vine

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by HRManager, Nov 17, 2015.

1. HRManager

HRManager "Deal with it"

Illinois, USA
    I was wondering if anyone had tried this herbal supplement before. I am tempted to try it for the antiviral and weight loss benefits..

http://www.drugs.com/npp/thunder-god-vine.html

Animal and human studies, as well as in vitro models, have shown thunder god vine to exert effects in autoimmune diseases. Interference in cytokine transcription, response of mononuclear cells, generation of cytotoxic T-cells, prostaglandin secretion, IL-2 production, and inhibition of T-cell and B-cell proliferation are among the suggested mechanisms. 11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15 The major immunosuppressive activity is due to the diterpenoids triptolide and tripdiolide. 2 , 16 Other chemical compounds may also be involved. 17 , 18

Improvements in both patient- and physician-rated tenderness, swelling, and morning stiffness have been demonstrated. Laboratory indices of the disease, including erythrocyte sedimentation rate, immunoglobulin G, immunoglobulin M, immunoglobulin A, and C-reactive protein also improved. 2 , 20 , 21 , 22 A trial conducted among US participants in 2005 found a greater effect for a T. wilfordii extract than sulfasalazine in treating RA over 24 weeks, with similar adverse event rates. 23

Other effects
    Antiviral
    Neotripterifordin showed potent anti-HIV replication activity in vitro. 24 , 25 Triptofordin C-2 and other sesquiterpene components of thunder god vine have been evaluated for their antiviral activity, including activity against human cytomegalovirus. 26

cigana and Emootje like this.
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    It looks interesting but some contraindications. It also said because of adverse events no clinical a have been done

Contraindications have not been determined. Due to immune suppression, thunder god vine preparations should not be used in immune-compromised patients.

3. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand
    I have a packet of this on my shelf, waiting for me to try. I'm just finishing up with another treatment that didn't work and may move on to trying this one.

4. HRManager

HRManager "Deal with it"

Illinois, USA

PLEASE let me know how it works for you!

Hutan likes this.
  5. HRManager

HRManager "Deal with it"

Illinois, USA
    Have you tried this yet Hutan?

6. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand
    Sorry, I haven't tried it yet. I've been busy and then of course a bit worse than usual so haven't had the energy to start it.

7. HRManager

HRManager "Deal with it"

Illinois, USA

Thanks... I'm just so curious about anything that will increase energy levels. The Chantix has been amazing for me - increased my energy so much. And also helped me quit smoking... lol

8. Nelly Lenz

Nelly Lenz

Really interesting what you say about chantix, I was just reading nicotine can downregulate some cytokine activity through the acetylcholine pathways.

Has it reduced your CFS fatigue or been a stimulant?

See more popular forum discussions.