• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Scotsman: ME sufferers seek help to defeat burden of chronic fatigue

AndyPR

Another article on ME, and interview with the Scottish public relations dynamo @emsho - hope all of this activity doesn't take too much out of you.
A student who was struck down with ME has spoken of her ordeal ahead of a worldwide protest to raise awareness of the condition.

Emma Shorter was in her first year at St Andrews University when she was hit by the illness also known as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. It happened four years ago and has left the formerly fit and active young woman virtually housebound and having to use a wheelchair and a mobility scooter.

She has seen more than 20 doctors but says they did not understand the condition. Shorter, 23, was speaking ahead of the Millions Missing protests being held in 13 cities across the world, including Edinburgh, where demonstrators will gather outside the Scottish Parliament on Friday.

There are 21,000 Scots who have been diagnosed with ME. Organisers say the event is called Millions Missing to symbolise the millions of people with ME who miss out on everyday life and the millions of pounds missing from research into the devastating illness. People with the condition who are too ill to attend are sending pairs of shoes with a label telling their story.
http://www.scotsman.com/news/me-sufferers-seek-help-to-defeat-burden-of-chronic-fatigue-1-4439148