• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"the puzzle of chronic fatigue syndrome" - wsj.

The article in the WSJ (part of it copied and pasted below) provides further validation to CFS/ME sufferers as a group as having a high rate of infection with XMRV or related viruses.

The study may not rate as a replication study but it is certainly more research on XMRV. I found the article on Prohealth, listed by Prohealth. I have been curious as to why no discussion of this study has been taking place.

"...When the new discovery was published in Science in 2009, Dr. Bell went to work getting the word out, notifying as many patients from the original outbreak as possible.

At the same time, Maureen Hanson, a molecular biologist at Cornell University, also saw the Science paper. Dr. Hanson, who has a family member with chronic fatigue syndrome who had been diagnosed by Dr. Bell, asked him about working together on a retrovirus study. She wanted to test for the family of murine leukemia virus-related viruses, or MLVs, to which XMRV also belongs.

Dr. Bell sought out his old patients to test them. Although the numbers tested were small, the preliminary results made him take notice: 70% of them came back positive for XMRV-related viruses. "

There is a video as well as an article.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...?mod=WSJ_newsreel_lifeStyle#articleTabs=video