• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

The Kavli Trust contributes with 4.75 million NOK to research on ME in Norway

Kalliope

Once again the Kavli Trust contributes with a large sum to professor Mella's and dr. Fluge's ME-research at Haukeland University Hospital.

4.75 million NOK is the same as 565250 USD and 422750 GPB. All together the Kavli Trust have contributed with 17 million NOK thus far for ME-research. That's 2023000 USD and 1513000 GPB!

Maybe you'd like to thank them on twitter or on Facebook

:thumbsup::redface::):balloons:

This is a google-translation from the hospital's website from today.

More millions to ME research at Haukeland

Kavli Trust continues their support for CFS research at Haukeland University Hospital. The new contribution for this year is 4.75 million.

Research group for ME at the Cancer Department conducts the moment two clinical trials to investigate the therapeutic effects of the cancer drugs rituximab and cyclophosphamide. The Rituximab trial is a national study encompassing patients and treatment centers in all the regions.

The contribution from the Kavli Trust makes it possible to conduct laboratory work to learn more about the mechanisms behind ME / CFS, both at laboratory at Haukeland, and in collaboration with the University of Bergen and Oslo University.

Unique research biobank
It contributes also to herding of a unique research biobank containing the blood samples and other material from more than 200 ME patients. This biobank is the basis for several studies and their quest for a biomarker for the disease.

Kavli Fund involvement in the research, ME at Haukeland has so far been total of 17 million. This also contributes two exciting projects investigating combustion and energy metabolism in cells in CFS patients and significance of the immune system of ME disease. This project is being conducted in cooperation with the University of Bergen and Oslo University.

ME research at Haukeland University Hospital are fairway by Professor Olav Mella and Chief Øystein Fluge. The two are pleased that the Kavli Fund heightens say support for ME research.

-These contributions makes that we can continue and intensify research efforts to understand this disease better, says Mella and Fluge.