• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Testosterone questions....

learner2life

David Pain
From my lab results from the 9th of jan. 2013.

Testosterone, Free/Tot equilib Reference
Testosterone, Serum 497 ng/dl 17.25 nmol/L 348-1197 ng/dL
Testosterone, Free 12.42 ng/dl 5-21 ng/dL
% Free Testosterone 2.5% 1.5-4.20%

Testosterone, Free and Weakly Bound
Free and weakly bound % 22.9 % 9-46%
Free and weakly bound 113.8 ng/dL 40-250

LH 8.5 mIU/mL 1.7-8.6
FSH 3.3 mIU/mL 1.5-12.4
Sex Horm Binding Glob, serum 35.8 nmol/L 16.5-55.9

Albumin 4.4 g/dL 3.5-5.5

TSH 2.06 uIU/mL .45-4.5
T4 11.5 ug/dL 0-99
T3 Uptake 33% 24-39
Free T4 Index 3.8 1.2-4.9

Estradiol, Sensitive 15 pg/mL 3-70
IGF-1 214 ng/mL 71-241

Prostate Specific Ag, Serum .8 ng/mL 0-4.0

Well, I have had a recent testicular injury. I ordered these tests to confirm that there is a problem. My muscle mass has decreased. I am constantly thirsty and any hint or sign of stress brings on more thirst. I took these results to a doctor in mexico while I was there running some other tests. He said the results looked absolutely normal. I was quite shocked by that. Especially the high normal luteinizing hormone. I do have a testosterone gel that I purchased but I haven't started it yet. Mostly my question is this. I know that my problem is due to the testicular trauma and think the pituitary was working fine and still is. Would taking testosterone supplements be the right way to go about fixing the low level or would it increase estradiol and backfeed into another spot. It seems like the problem is localized in the testes then taking testosterone should be the missing link. I forgot to include the dhea test. So, I don't have that reading to go on. Thanks for all the help.
David

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
your testosterone levels are ok, i wouldnt use T yet. maybe see another doc and another lot of tests in a couple of months. Investigate other issues for weightloss maybe??