• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Telegraph: Westminster 'chumocracy' protected their own over paedophilia, MP says

Esther12

Wasn't too sure which sub-section to put this in, but the 'chumocracy' mentality within the British establishment is likely to be something noticed by many here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pol...ected-their-own-over-paedophilia-MP-says.html

“Part of the problem can be traced, in my view, to the ‘chumocracy’ that for too long has been at the heart of the so-called Establishment, consisting of too many people with the same interests and the same out-of-touch sense of entitlement coming together to protect their own.

“It is this sort of persistent ‘otherness’ that so many of us are determined to change, to make the system more representative, more real and more normal. Some may say we have not succeeded yet but we will keep on trying.”

Miss Perry added: “The other, and more worrying part of the problem is the way that the voices of victims were ignored for so long – children told to keep quiet, ridiculed, or threatened – with tragically the most vulnerable of all being more likely to be targeted for abuse.

“That, to me, is the real scandal and we must do all we can to make sure that when victims speak out they are heard and action is taken.”

For people over-seas not familiar with this, there's also this from a former Minister:

Lord Tebbit: there 'may well' have been a Government cover-up of child abuse

The veteran former minister says it was the instinct of people at the time to protect 'the system' and not to delve too deeply into uncomfortable allegations

Appearing on BBC1's The Andrew Marr Show, Lord Tebbit said: "At that time I think most people would have thought that the establishment, the system, was to be protected and if a few things had gone wrong here and there that it was more important to protect the system than to delve too far into it.

"That view, I think, was wrong then and it is spectacularly shown to be wrong because the abuses have grown."

Asked if he thought there had been a "big political cover-up" at the time, he said: "I think there may well have been. But it was almost unconscious. It was the thing that people did at that time."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...een-a-Government-cover-up-of-child-abuse.html

Also this from Tebbit:

He rejected damaging claims from fellow Tory Edwina Currie that Morrison had admitted abusing boys to him while servings as his deputy party chairman.

But the former Cabinet minister said he had confronted Morrison after hearing “gossip” from “unusual channels” that he was paedophile and the MP denied it.

Lord Tebbit said that at the time he had no evidence and felt he had to accept Morrison’s word but would probably not do so now and admitted he had been “naive”.

The peer also said that he did not check with cops because he thought he would have heard if Morrison had been in trouble.

Former Tory minister Ms Currie revealed that Morrision was an abuser in her diaries, which were published 12 years ago.

The book is best known for the bomb-shell revelation that she had an affair with John Mayor.

But in a entry for July 24, 1990, she wrote: “One appointment in the recent reshuffle has attracted a lot of gossip and could be very dangerous

“Peter Morrison has become the PM’s PPS. New he’s what they call ‘a noted pederast’, with a liking for young boys; he admitted as much to Norman Tebbit when he became deputy chairman of the party, but added, ‘However, I’m very discrete’ – and he must be!.”

Lord Tebbit told the Mirror: “That is about as accurate as you would expect from Edwina Currie.”

The peer said: “I hear rumours about him. I inquired into them. I faced him and asked him bluntly whether there was any truth in them. He assured me there was not.

“There was no action on the part of the police or anything else so I ddi not have too much action but to accept his word.

“After all if I had asked Edwina Currie if she had ever been to bed with the Prime Minister she would probably have said no too.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/norman-tebbit-admits-heard-rumours-3826206

SilverbladeTE

yup
gets way worse
MP who's been fighting to bring this out was warned by a "significant" Tory MP to drop this as it could lead to Leon Brittan's death (he's ex Home office cabinet minister)

child protection officers and cops have claimed they were threatened by MI5 to drop such cases, some at gun point

and several of the most notorious abusers were given awards by the Queen, oh doesn't that sound familiar?
same way assholes against us got protection, advancement and awards
it's now what you know or can do, it's who you know or what you can cover up, or conspire with