August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Systemic inflammation increases intestinal permeability during experimental human endotoxemia

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by ljimbo423, May 2, 2018.

1. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    Link

Viral infections cause a significant amount of systemic inflammation. I think this systemic inflammation from viral infections like Epstein Barr virus and other viral infections can cause an increase in intestinal permeability and trigger an immune system reaction from the lipopolysaccharides getting into the bloodstream.

What else can cause systemic inflammation? Any kind of chronic stress or physical stress can. Antibiotics can, of course, cause or contribute to dysbiosis and increased intestinal permeability.

LINK

I think the current research of the 4 NIH-funded collaboratives focused on the gut, the brain, the immune system and metabolomics are rate on the money. I think that's where they will get their best answers. Obviously they do too.:)

Jim

alkt, Alli006, ChrisD and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.