• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Substantial relief from alcohol

jimmy86

for me I think it correlates with my POTS symptoms. if POTS is mild, I can drink beer and even feel better during that night. if POTS is severe, even one sip can give me a headache immediately.

meandthecat

I went through a phase about 3yrs in where after even a sip of wine I would crash for several hours. Now I have less OI symptoms but more pain alcohol is a lifeline. A G&T at 6pm and the pain vanishes for 15 mins and there is a sense of ease for the rest of the evening. Additional alcohol does not improve or extend the relief and may make it worse.
I don't drink at any other time and somehow getting drunk doesn't seem to hold the same attraction it once did......sigh

Ellkaye

Think it s very individual.
Basic principle though is that alcohol is toxic.
Not to be mixed with medications.
Sensible use..