• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Study The Wild Animals and You Will Improve......

Chriswolf

With people who have serious problems changing diet isn't going to be the complete solution, but if you have dietary or GI issues that could make things worse, you could make slight improvements.

I found out this year that I have a negative-repute SNP involving the MTHFR gene, for me changing my diet didn't "fix" me, but I found that after I stopped eating folate loaded foods, I definitely started to feel better.

Ironically though, even though I have one of the worst variations for the MTHFR polymorphisms (10-20% efficiency), I cannot tolerate much methylfolate at all, maybe like 100-125 mcg without having serious muscle and joint pains, but it must be methylfolate otherwise I just start feeling worse.

I've also shifted more to a more paleo-centered diet around fats and vegetables, as long as I don't consume large amounts of vegetables loaded with goitrogens every day, I tend to feel better when I don't consume large amounts of starches and fortified grain products.

Done the first part, what comes next?

3158731.png

Basilico

Florida
How many of you have thought of learning from wild animals to improve your body health and fight this disease:

2- Have you studied why wild animals have chosen a certain type of food to eat? why they eat a certain diet?

Wild raccoons in my area choose to eat garbage from the dumpster because it is easy, tasty, and plentiful. So, I guess the takeaway is that we should try to eat the tastiest, cheapest garbage we can find, including literal garbage.

Why limit ourselves to mammals...why don't we take some cues from insects? Cockroaches are notoriously hardy, they don't have CFS and can resist many poisons. Maybe I should start eating the microscopic crumbs at the back of my cabinets and under my stove, then I will be cured!

Last edited:

Snow Leopard

Hibernating
How many of you have thought of learning from wild animals to improve your body health and fight this disease:

1- Have you studied and observed what wild animals do when they are sick? Can you gain from this?
2- Have you studied why wild animals have chosen a certain type of food to eat? why they eat a certain diet?
3- Have you studied the physical benefits and health secrets in foods that animals eat?
4- Have you studied which animals have the most similar digestive system to ours?
5- Have you thought to yourself that maybe humans know very little about food and the human body's requirements and so their diet supports hundreds of diseases?

Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes, Yes.

Yet I haven't found any cures.