• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

stools test came back citrobacter freundii. HELP

my mother is 51. has digestive disorders for years.
her stool test came back says she has citrobacter freundii.
this doctor who did the test, I try to talk to on the phone I could not understand her.
I was trying to find out and understand on these three things under the test results and whats it got to do with the citrobacter freundii, they are berberine, oregano, plant tannins, and Uva-Ursi that says they are at high levels. the doctor did not really say about those.
could somebody tell me about what it means and try to understand what I just wrote?
hope someone can explain this to us.
let us know soon please thank you.

Ellie_Finesse

I dont know if this will help you understand or whether its relevant to your question, but I found this on a website.

Citrobacter feundii natural agents are berbarine oregano plant, tannins and uva ursi. This is the explanation it gives beside a table of info of results.
Natural Agents:

In this assay, “inhibition” is defined as the reduction level on organism growth as a direct result of inhibition by a natural substance. The level

of inhibition is an indicator of how effective the natural substance was at limiting the growth of an organism in an in vitro environment. High Inhibition indicates a greater ability by the nat- ural substance to limit growth, while Low Inhibition a lesser ability to limit growth. In accordance with laboratory guidelines for reporting sensitivities, results for Nystatin are now being reported with natural antifungals in this category.