• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Stilnox for Brain Injury

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
hi meryl,

If stilnox helped cfs/me brain injuries, i should be a genius, lol.
But its interesting how it helps. I have heard of cfs/me people recovering after surgery and being put under, so maybe certain anaesthetics can help reset the brain, maybe.
It is a good sleep med but after a few years it stopped working so changed to a close relative imovane/zopiclone for sleep.

cheers!!!

merylg

LOL heapsreal. I guess I just liked the story, and how the family and his partner never gave up on looking for something that might help, even when the doctors & the social workers had given up hope.

I do think the whole brain injury thing is relevant to us (maybe on a different scale). How can Neuroimmune disease be prevented? Just what is reversible damage? What is irreversible? How can we protect our brain from further damage if it's irreversible? What is the future of stem-cells? What part does the environment play - toxins? EMF? What part genetics? Can we help our children if we understand susceptibilty?