• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Spleen pain rather than what I have presumed for ages was stomach?

Valentijn

wow i dont think cheese would cause that unless your eating it by the pounds per day maybe more genetic high cholesterol
I get gallbladder issues now. I didn't know what it was until I had an attack, and the GP gave me a poke in the right area and I said "OW" very loudly :p I don't eat a lot of fat (I prefer protein), but if I'm having vague pain, and poking myself in the right place confirms it's the gallbladder, the pain will stop if I avoid almost all fats for a bit. Then I'm usually good to go back to normal eating.

Anyhow, I think chronic inflammation is a somewhat common problem with ME/CFS, and that does impact internal organs.

Legendrew

I get these sorts of pains quite badly whenever I take any medication now. Paracetamol isn't too bad but usually gives me cramps that start in the left and move to the right. NSAIDs such as aspirin and ibuprofen now utterly decimate my stomach and cause me severe pain and cramping, not great when my most common and sometimes daily symptom of ME is headaches and migraines... :thumbdown:
These drugs sometimes cause not just pain but other symptoms for me too such as the terrible tremor sensation I get when I overexert myself.

rosie26

I used to get stabbing pain in my liver when I was severe, I had an ultra sound to check my gall bladder and that was fine, she checked all over my stomach, kidneys, couldn't find anything. I started getting a stab in the spleen area as well and thought don't say it's starting that side now.

I get lots of odd streaking pain that comes and goes quickly , I think it's coming from the nervous system ?
Also get jerks all of a sudden, as if nerves are miss-firing.
I also often get a sharp burning pain like someone has just jabbed me with a needle. I mostly get this one in the feet.

And the tremors are still an ongoing for me, I have had them all the way through with ME. Tremors after exertion, the deep chill tremors when deteriorating.

LisaGoddard

No I haven't, is this a relatively easy thing to do or does it require something invasive or generally difficult? Gallbladder issues have been suggested to me before but I never seem to get pain in gallbladder area, (although maybe I do and like this I was mixing it up with gastrointestinal issues again).

Taking any pro-inflammatory or anti-inflammatory medications (even if very mild forms) triggers increased pain. Basically anything that bumps up any part of my immune system. I don't know if stress does that?