• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Slide Presentation on Mold Toxicity and CIRS

Soundthealarm21

I've come back positive for mold toxicity. Specifically the Tricothecene group. We think this is the trigger of my illness. Currently working to pull it out using Phosphatidylcholine, Butyrate, methylation, bentonite.

Thanks for sharing.

My test from Real Time showed .66ppb for Trichotthecene which is a mycotoxin from Stachybotrys chartarum aka "black mold". I ordered a Pro-Lab test kit and sent it in for analysis. It contains a a petri dish which I taped to my forced air duct for 15 minutes and then let it grow for 3 days. It grew a dark mold and I sent it in for analysis. No results as yet. My doctor who ordered the test has me taking a combination of Chlorella, Bentonite Clay and Charcoal. I have read these all are proposed as being able to absorb the Trichotthecene and then its excreted in the stool. Thats the theory. Just sarted a week ago slowly and I'm hoping it will make a difference.

Could someone explain the relavent genes effecting Trichotthecene using the 23andme or Amy Yasko format and why?

Some examples of my SNPs are:

VDR Bsm - CT yellow +/- = heterozygous
VDR Taq - AG yellow +/- = heterozygous
MTHFR C677T - AG yellow = heterozygous
MTHFR A1298C - TT green = no mutations
CBS A360A - AG yellow = heterozygous

slayadragon

The only genes that I have heard hypothesized as being related to mold illness are Ritchie Shoemaker's HLA DR ones, and those are not included in 23 and Me to my knowledge.

http://www.survivingmold.com/diagnosis/lab-tests

Those Petri dish tests are really unreliable.

Bentonite and other clays may be helpful for trichothecene. Chlorella seems more helpful for metals. Charcoal also seems helpful for other things than mold toxin, based on what I have read. It's possible that removing any toxic substances from the body may improve health, but if the goal is to remove mold toxin, I've not seen much to suggest that chlorella or charcoal is going to help (not supported in the literature, not supported anecdotally, Shoemaker strongly disagrees that those are helpful).

Good luck. :)

Helen

Hi @LHCTom ,

I think you should also look for gene defects in both methylation and detox panels. Methylation as glutathione is manufactured from an optimal methylation. Glutathione as the strongest antioxidant in the body and also as a binder to various kinds of toxins is most important for detoxification. From the detox panel you can get an idea if your acetylation and your conjugation (with glutathione) could be comprimised due to genetics. Look for your data for GSTM1 and GSTT1 too. They are not shown completely in the Detox panel from GeneticGenie. Hope this will help.