• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Skin relief

Heartl

Do any of you have any good ideas to soothe/cool burning red skin? I have pins and needles burning red skin from EBV. I can’t put anything cold on my skin because I’m really cold all the time.
I’m putting coconut oil on now but doesn’t soothe

Shoshana

Northern USA
@Heartl I like "sweet almond oil" but I don't know how it would be for anyone else's skin problems.

I am planning to try some type of non-petroleum jelly, but I have not tried it yet. Hoping it will be soothing.
Alba botanical brand makes some.

Or maybe some aloe, or shea butter, might help yours? Just ideas. If you try something new, try it on a tiny spot, to test it!

And let us know if you find something soothing!

Heartl

@Heartl I like "sweet almond oil" but I don't know how it would be for anyone else's skin problems.

I am planning to try some type of non-petroleum jelly, but I have not tried it yet. Hoping it will be soothing.

Or maybe some aloe, or shea butter, might help yours? Just ideas. If you try something new, try it on a tiny spot, to test it!

Thank you! I have Shea butter maybe I’ll mix that with a little coconut oil

lafarfelue

If it's nerve pain, might you consider taking something oral like Lyrica?

As far as something to apply externally, perhaps oatmeal baths or hawthorn oil? (I'd suggest something with menthol or similar in it, to 'neutralise' the nerves for a little while, but that would probably give you too much of a cold sensation.)

Heartl

If it's nerve pain, might you consider taking something oral like Lyrica?

As far as something to apply externally, perhaps oatmeal baths or hawthorn oil? (I'd suggest something with menthol or similar in it, to 'neutralise' the nerves for a little while, but that would probably give you too much of a cold sensation.)
Thank you!

ahmo

I'm just over a terrible bout of eczema. A pharmacist recommended chickweed. It seems to have helped, good for rashy, itchy things. First I tried 2 different formulations from iherb. They were greasy. Then I found another one locally, which isn't greasy, which I've stuck with. Also, witch hazel, which I haven't used, is said to be good. But look for one, or an ointment containing it, with little or no alcohol. Good luck