• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Should I postpone Dr. Rey visit?

I have my daughter booked to see Dr. Rey at the Klimas Miami Clinic May 1, 2013 for CFS. She also has candida for the past year and we have not been successful getting rid of it despite being on the anti-yeast diet, ect. We are getting ready to do a candida treatment which would probably take three months.
So should I postpone the Dr. Rey visit until we get through the candida treatment? I don't know if it would be a good idea for her to try LDN or equilibrant right now. On the other hand, I heard it may be hard to get in to see Dr. Rey if I cancel. Thanks!

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Just my two cents but I'd say keep the appointment. They are very hard to get now from what people are posting. Dr. Rey will be very familiar with candida and would surely take that into consideration in whatever treatment she recommends.

Also, treatment won't be immediate I'd guess, but will probably begin after labs come back

Best wishes,
Sushi

Thanks Sushi. I called and they are not taking any new patients right now. They said I could either keep the May appt or move it to September (that was the only slot open for existing patients). I guess we'll keep the appointment.

Hugocfs

You might want to email her your question. She should be able to tell you if it is better to take care of the Candida problem first or if it doesn't matter to her. Details on the nature of the treatment would probably help her decision.